Visit us to check out the rustic charm of the Oakland Mill

Contact us to book your special event

The Oakland Mill was built in 1867 by Joseph Willey and nearby Prairie Creek was the power source for the mill’s machinery.  The mill served the farmers of Jackson and Clinton county farmers by grinding about fifty bushels of corn and flour a day. The mill was finally abandoned around 1910 and became a stable for cattle and horses.

                                   

Due to the craftsmanship of the builders, the mill survived abuse and abandonment until 1978 when it was bought by Patrick and Joan Costello.  Pat was a professional artist and he and his family renovated the mill into a home and gallery of his art.

In 2012, Lacey McDevitt and Nicholas Szebeni.  It received some more tender loving renovations to prepare it to be an event center for public and private events.  There is a new bar, kitchen area, deck and patio.

 

  • Facebook

Categories: Fairs, Festivals, & EventsThings to Do

The Oakland Mill

220695 Highway 64

Maquoketa, Iowa 52060 USA

563.652.3351